Does Adderall help with depression?
Adderall is a medicine that helps people diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder by improving their concentration and focus because it is a direct stimulant on the CNS or central nervous system. Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Adderall is a CNS (central nervous system) stimulant of the phenethylamine class. Adderall is generally effective and well-tolerated in treating the symptoms of narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Adderall is also used as a cognitive enhancer, athletic performance enhancer, recreationally as a euphoriant and aphrodisiac, and appetite suppressant. At therapeutic doses, it causes cognitive and emotional effects such as a change in sex drive, euphoria, improved cognitive control, and increased wakefulness. Adderall induces physical effects such as fatigue resistance, increased muscle strength, and faster reaction time at these doses. In contrast, much larger amounts of Adderall may cause rapid muscle breakdown, impair cognitive control, induce a psychosis (like delusions, hallucinations, paranoia), and provoke panic attacks.
You may buy Adderall online from us. We ensure delivery of genuine medical products at your doorstep in no time.
Does Adderall help with depression?
Adderall medication in combination with antidepressants or other mood-stabilizing agents can help improve mood, energy, and activity levels in people with extremely hard-to-treat depression. However, this is an off-label use of Adderall, and good quality trials to support this benefit are yet to be done. But, Adderall can provide a high and instantly improve your mood.
Benefits of using Adderall to treat ADHD
- Adderall improves the condition of ADHD in patients by enhancing their focus and attention and helps the mind to calm down.
- Adderall medication reduces impulsive behavior in patients.
- This medication functions by increasing the norepinephrine and dopamine levels in the brain. This, in turn, increases the activity in the central nervous system.
- Adderall is found to be beneficial for most ADHD patients.
- Adderall possibly does not make all the symptoms of ADHD disappear, but it certainly helps improve some symptoms, such as the ability to stay attentive to a task and finish it.
- The patients with ADHD will eventually feel the difference after taking Adderall medication. They will find themselves doing better at school or work.
You can buy Adderall online without a prescription from our pharmacy website. The benefits of Adderall medication are even more significant if you take it along with behavioral therapy. Behavioral therapy aims to help patients with various behavioral or mood disorders. If Adderall is consumed by a person who does not have ADHD, the user may experience euphoria and feel more energetic. There is also a possibility of dangerous emotional and physical side effects in those cases after consuming Adderall medicine.
Precautions of Adderall
An essential thing to discuss here is that Adderall medication is not for everybody. Patients having a history of severe aggression or anxiety, glaucoma, obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD, Tourette syndrome (a neurological disorder characterized by vocal and muscle tics like throat clearing, uttering taboo phrases, or blinking) must inform the doctor about the same before starting this medication. This central nervous stimulant can cause severe ill effects or even death in patients with congenital heart problems. Hence, patients must inform their doctor if they have a history of heart disease.
If patients have a history of mental illness, high blood pressure, seizure disorders, or peripheral vascular disease, the doctor needs to be informed. People above 65 years or above must not take Adderall medication because it may not suit their age group. Specific drug interactions could be harmful, and patients with depression who have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) in the last two weeks must not take Adderall medicine. According to Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Adderall must not be given to children who show symptoms secondary to other psychiatric disorders or indicate other environmental factors.
For the treatment of ADHD, Adderall is approved for usage in children aged three years or above, whereas Adderall extended-release is approved for use in children of six years and above, as per NIH. The doctors must monitor a child’s weight gain or growth while on Adderall medication because studies reveal that Adderall slows down a child’s physical development.
How should I take Adderall?
- You can take Adderall by mouth with or without food. Patients usually consume it less than three times per day.
- You must take the first dose as soon as you wake up in the morning. If your doctor has prescribed more doses, take them about four to six hours apart.
- Avoid taking the medication late in the day, as doing so can cause sleep problems or insomnia.
- The doctor will suggest the dosage that best suits you according to your medical condition or response to the treatment. You must adhere to your doctor’s instructions.
- During the treatment, your doctor may recommend that you stop taking the medication occasionally for short periods to see if you still need the Adderall medicine or changes in your behavior.
- If you stop taking Adderall suddenly, you may experience withdrawal symptoms like severe exhaustion, insomnia, mental changes like depression.
- Your doctor might reduce your dosage slowly over an interval of time to ensure you do not experience withdrawal symptoms (which is possible if you take Adderall over long periods). Therefore, you need to ensure that you correctly stop taking the medication when directed by your doctor.
What are the side effects of taking Adderall?
- Possible side effects occur if a user takes more dosage of Adderall medication than is prescribed.
- Risks are that overdose of Adderall may cause an increase in the heart rate.
- It can also cause blood pressure to rise, restlessness, psychosis, aggression, glaucoma, kidney or liver disease, seizures, sudden changes in mood or behavior, or an anxiety disorder.
- Taking Adderall over a long duration can lead to premature aging of body organs, as research suggests. Therefore, patients must strictly follow the doctor or pharmacist’s prescribed dosage.
- Because Adderall is a potent central nervous stimulant, it is a controlled substance, which means the federal government regulates it. There are high chances of abuse, physical dependence, and addiction among patients taking Adderall medication.